Celebrate Health and Safe Swimming Week from May 24 Through May 30 with Helpful Tips from Presidium.
With summer quickly approaching, we all can agree that warm weather brings fun in the sun! No matter your age or where you live, one of the most popular summertime activities is enjoying a day by the pool with friends and family. With our resort-style pools being one of the most coveted amenities at our Presidium communities, our team wants to make sure you can enjoy these pools safely with family, friends, and neighbors.
As we celebrate Healthy and Safe Swimming Week, Presidium is sharing a few simple tips to keep everyone safe this summer. So, before you put your favorite bathing suit on and lather on the sunscreen, make sure you and your loved ones know how to stay protected in and around the water.
The Presidium at Edgestone pool in Frisco, Texas
1. Always watch inexperienced swimmers when they’re in or near a pool or spa. Designate one person to watch inexperienced swimmers in the pool for a set amount of time and then rotate responsibility throughout the day. Creating a schedule such as this will help to prevent gaps in supervision.
The Edison resort-style pool located in Austin, Texas
2. Teach inexperienced swimmers essential water safety tips, including how to swim. While everyone is different, studies prove that age four is the ideal time to start learning how to swim. At this age, swimmers can better protect themselves against accidents.
The pool at Presidium Chase Hill in San Antonio will be open to residents in late-2021
3. Keep away from pool drains, pipes and other openings to avoid entrapments. Playing too close to drains and pipes can lead to unwanted situations. Stay protected by informing loved ones to be aware of their surroundings in the pool and to stay clear of drains, pipes or unfamiliar openings.
Pool at Presidium Revelstoke located in Fort Worth, Texas
4. Don’t rely on fun toys such as water wings or noodles to keep your inexperienced swimmers safe. If you or someone in your party is an inexperienced swimmer, fit them with an appropriate personal floatation device. While these toys are fun and can provide relaxing flotation, they are not designed to save lives. You can never be too careful when it comes to taking practical precautions if someone can’t swim.
Luxury-style pool being constructed at Presidium Berkshire located in Fort Worth, Texas
5. Learn to perform CPR for all age groups and sharpen those skills regularly. Knowing how to perform CPR on anyone can be a valuable skill we never hope you need, but can come in handy when the unthinkable happens. Learning this practice and being mindful of the steps can be crucial in unfortunate situations.
At Presidium, resident and guest safety is one of our top priorities. If you plan on spending time near the pool this year, you must be prepared and knowledgeable of the dangers it can pose. Following as many of these water safety steps as possible is an excellent way to ensure a great experience. Happy swimming!