Austin, TX—January 2018— At Presidium, it is our duty and our responsibility to create enjoyable and comfortable homes for all members of our communities. It is without doubt that we owe our success to the people who make up the communities and the neighborhoods which we work and live in. As we welcome the new year, we are grateful for the many ways that Presidium has been able to give back and say “thank you” to our community members during 2017.
The list below demonstrates a few of the ways in which Presidium was able to connect with our communities during 2017.
• Turkey Giveaway: Each year, Presidium organizes a portfolio-wide Turkey Giveaway. This year, we were able to hand out 870 turkeys to our community members in time for the Thanksgiving holiday!
• Canned Food Drive: During the 2017 holiday season, Presidium arranged a canned food drive for our local food banks. In total, Presidium collected and donated over 5,000 non-perishable food items.
• Toys for Tots: Each year, Presidium corporate and property offices participate in the Toys for Tots toy drive. The Toys for Tots mission is, “to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens.”
• Hurricane Harvey: In late August 2017, this devastating storm barred down on Texas and put many of our neighbors out of their homes. Presidium collected donations from Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio and hand-delivered these donations to Harvey shelters in these cities as well as in Houston. Our community teams visited shelters and offered discounted rents and furnished apartments to affected victims. In Dallas, Presidium partnered with a local charity organization to help place those affected by this storm into new, permanent homes.
• American GI Forum: A Presidium property in San Antonio, The Branch at Medical Center, works closely with the American GI Forum to give qualified veterans a place to call home. Our veterans have dedicated their lives to protect our home, and we’re happy to welcome them into our communities. Upon move-in, these veterans were welcomed into their home with a stocked pantry, full of all the essentials. Veterans, we thank you for your service!
• Children’s Shelter of San Antonio: In the month of November, six of Presidium’s San Antonio properties organized a free carwash for the community. The collected donations were given to the Children’s Shelter of San Antonio.
• Children’s Hospital: Presidium team members and residents in Dallas created cards and gift baskets for patients at the local Children’s Hospital. These were delivered to the children in time to brighten their holidays and put a smile on their faces.
• Susan G. Komen: During the month of October, Presidium properties and corporate offices each hosted a Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Awareness event. Employee’s participated in the annual Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure and raised donations for this cause.
• Oak Hill Animal Rescue: Presidium’s Marketing team assisted Oak Hill Animal Rescue, in Dallas, with their communication efforts to increase the number of adoptions. We also held a “pet rescue” event at one of our Dallas properties, Cottonwood at Park Central, where we waived pet fees for rescued pets.
We understand the importance of bringing value to communities we work in, which is why our residents play a meaningful role in the growth and success of our company. We cherish these opportunities to thank our residents and further connect with each of our communities through charitable efforts. We’re proud of each of our team members for making #Presidiumgives a priority during 2017, and we’re excited to see what we can do for our communities in the year ahead!